Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Chicken Taco Chili

This. is. so. good. 

 It's probably the easiest lunch I have ever tossed together and it is definitely going on the lunch rotation for work.

. taco

I actually prepared this in the morning while coffee was brewing, it's that easy.  If I had to cook chicken it would obviously take longer but as it happened, I had some handy so I diced it into chunks.
You toss it all in one pot to heat.  If you wanted a vegetarian version I'm sure you could use tofu as tofu absorbs the flavors of other ingredients.

chicktaco2


Tortilla chips can be used to scoop this chili if you like eating it as a dip.

chickTaco1



Chicken Taco Chili

1 can of red beans or pinto beans
1 package of taco seasoning mix
1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
2 cups diced chicken, cooked
1 10 oz can green chilies (do not drain)
1 cup broth
tortilla chips, shredded cheese and sour cream

Preparation
In a 4 quart dutch oven combine all ingredients except the tortilla chips and sour cream, mixing well.  Cook over medium heat 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.  Stir occasionally.  To serve place crushed tortilla chips in the bottom of the bowl and top with soup.  Top with sour cream.
  Easy!


 I am sharing with Beth Fish's Weekend Cooking Series and Deb for Souper Sunday.
Check out Deb's Vegetable Soup HERE and join in!



FullSizeRender (5)

11 comments:

  1. Nice flavors! I make something like that, sometimes with black beans, sometimes with both corn & beans, sometimes with fried onions too. Sometimes I use just vegetables, no chicken OR tofu. I cook it a little longer to let spices blend in, but if you are keeping it in a thermos for a later lunch, I guess it has the same effect.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chicken taco chili!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mae, thanks for the new ideas to change this up a bit. I almost added corn and I will certainly add onions next time.

    Vicki, I made soooo much, come join in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Easy is important, and this does look easy. Thank you for this recipe!

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2018/03/cooking-with-nonna-part-two-nonnas.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, you’re welcome! I love easy recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always looking for easy lunches ... this is a winner. Would make a good dinner too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being vegetarian tofu would work for me in this delicious looking recipe. I love melted cheese on top,,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love easy, quick recipes! Thanks for sharing this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks really good. I have been craving chili lately so it is probably time to put it in the soup rotation. ;-)

    Thanks for sharing it with Souper Sundays this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm, sounds good!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, ladies! I’m all for an easy lunch meal too, especially With a time crunch in the morning before work!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome and thank you so much for visiting. If I don't answer you here I will get back to you on your blog. Also have had to switch to approving comments due to some SPAM lately. Alas...

It's been a good run...........